Merry Christmas everyone! This month we discuss what makes Walt Disney World so magical around the holidays. We visit Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party, Epcot for Candlelight Processional and Festival of the Holidays and lament traditions that are no longer with us. Grab a cup of hot chocolate and join us!
News & Rumors
- Disneyland Cracking down on Personal Shoppers
- Cruise Line Drastically Raises Prices
- Disney Quietly Buys Up More Land
- Judge Gives Interesting Sentence to Poacher
- RUMOR – New Monorails not actually ordered as previously reported. This might be true since Disney is still only reparing the broken monorails and they are spending a ton of money on park enhancements. If they do buy a new fleet its still a ways off.
- RUMOR – Pirates of the Caribbean reboot without Jack Sparrow. This is CONFIRMED. The new Pirates of the Caribbean movie will be based around the Red Head pirate and will not feature the original cast. Its not so much a reboot as a new direction for the franchise.
- RUMOR – Disney trademarks Hakuna Matata. CONFIRMED, companies do this all the time and Disney has done this with this iconic Lion King phrase. Its totally legal to do, a little crappy of Disney but tons of people are making money on this phrase right now so it totally makes sense.
- Shameless Plug – here is the link for my felt skirt shop, check it out!
Main Topic – The Holidays at Walt Disney World
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party with fun character meet and greets, parade, fireworks and stage show!
Festival of the Holidays full of holiday traditions and food.
Candlelight Processional with amazing choir and celebrity narrator. When we went we saw Brad Garrett.
Lights of Winter, gone but not forgotten.
Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, also gone but not forgotten
Jingle Bell Jingle BAM
Cinderella Castle with icicle lights
Gingerbread displays are WORTH IT!
Merry Christmas from all of us here at The Dynamic Dizney Duo! If you liked this episode please give us a rating on iTunes, Stitcher or Spotify 🙂
Contact our Friends at Dream Come True Vacations to plan your own magical holiday vacation!